Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Final Series

This series was much different than what I usually take photographs of. I love taking pictures of people, portraits, and very clear subjects but I decided to take a risk and try the abstract look. These six stood out against my other drafts of OP art because of the bold colors and patterns. I started this series creating complete abstraction using different surfaces and colors until I discovered a way of overlapping the original photograph into the background of the the abstract patterns, creating more depth. This was a fun series to experiment with and it was interesting to try a new kind of technique. 




5 comments:

  1. Jessica i loooove these photos, my favorite is the third one down form the top with the river in it. the way you edited it looks great! and hte last one with the eye is very interesting too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a strong series with so much variety! Each one is really unique and distinct from the rest, yet they all flow together so naturally. The top two remind me of a very serene place, like the window view from a plane. I also like the 5th one. It looks psychedelic with the experimentation with color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your photos here, especially the ones with a natural element. The varying themes of each photo seem to support each other and make the whole series stronger. Again the nature photos are the best, especially the one with the tree and the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these photos, your editing style is very variety!! Some pictures look very abstract and some pictures look very peaceful!!! First two pictures have very bright, but others are very dark!!! I like water and sky pictures, because 4th and 5th pictures are too abstract and dark, but 1st and 2nd pictures look like a drawing and have better compositions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really these photos. Really strong final series. The one of the eye is still my favorite its soooo beautiful. I also really like the colors that you chose for your other photos. Great work!

    ReplyDelete