Wednesday, September 1, 2010

3x3

        
The assignment was to find an object outside and play around with different angles in black and white. I found a No Parking sign hanging on a tree in front of a house up the block from Drew. I captured a bunch of angles and moved around to get a different backgrounds and distances. I cropped a few of them and chose these three to show my approach to the 3x3 aspect. I used the same 3x3 aspect to take pictures of Stephanie and Carly. For Stephanie's picture I played with the shadow behind her from a distance and for Carly's I shot at a lower angle, then a tilted close up for the second.

4 comments:

  1. I really like all your photos! My favorite is the first one of the "No Parking" sign. I like the different textures that are captured in that one photo, the smoothness of the sign versus the roughness of the tree. Also, the bluriness of the background really focuses the viewers attention on the contrast between the sign and the tree. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pictures of the model in front of the door, it really adds for an interesting background. The "no parking" sign is shown from many different angles and its interesting to see so many trees and nature in one picture and then in another of the same object only a simple building. It would have also been interesting to have one more really close up of the sign and crop it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the no parking pictures. The special effects you used were cool, like the closeup on the tree was really nice and it made the tree look animated. The pictures of Carly are also nice because the first one is a standard: "say cheese" picture and the second one she is looking into the distance it was cool how you contrasted those two pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how there were different angles and some far away and some close up of the no parking sign. Also how you changed it to make the tree look more granular looks good. The pictures of people are also good, i liked how there were 3 different facial expresions you took pictures of.

    ReplyDelete